Work is a very important part of our lives. We spend one-third (1/3) of our lives at work. We have to deal with co-workers and bosses. From time to time, issues will arise that threaten your job security and your peace of mind.
How do you handle problems at work?
1. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM AT WORK, REALIZE THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Some time or another, everyone has experienced a problem or issue on the job.
2. SEEK OUT INFORMATION AND ADVICE. Talk to a friend, your spouse, relative, or trusted co-worker - someone whose advice you trust. They may be able to help you put the situation into better perspective.
3. LEARN TO PICK YOUR BATTLES CAREFULLY. Everything is not worth the fight. You may not be able to right every wrong. Save your energy for major things. Some things is just the way it is.
4. DO YOUR WORK!! Always try to do a good job. This will carry you a long way.
5. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE BASIC WORK RULES!! Have good attendance. Don't be tardy.
6. BE CAREFUL IN COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR CO-WORKERS OR SUPERVISORS. Remember when you point a finger at someone, three fingers are pointing back at you. You never know - people could be complaining about you.
7. UNDERSTAND THAT "OFFICE POLITICS" EXIST IN EVERY WORK PLACE. It doesn't matter whether you work in an office, store, factory, or whatever. Sometimes people think that "I'll just get another job. Things will be better". Not necessarily.